Monday, February 20, 2006

Rang Diya Basanti


The other day I was out with my friends watching Rang De Basanti .Well the movie certainly did sweep me away. It was quite after some time that I was watching a meaningful movie of sorts .I t certainly does give all of us a thing or two to ponder about .We all read tonnes of reports about our MIG’s and Sukhov’s crashing but how many of us really spare a thought for all those heroes who pledged their lives to protect our homeland ; so that we can sleep peacefully in our beds.

Well the movie did make me think a thing or two about the kind of lives we lead. We all hear bout hideous and outrageously violations of our rights day in and day out on TV and radio and in the papers . What I ask is isn’t it time for us youths to stop dancing to the tunes of these wily politicians and step up the act.

Agreed Rang De Basanti went a bit overboard and as they all say violence is not an answer to anything .It might just trigger off further mishaps; still the movie certainly showcased one sure fact i.e. there is a limit to which people can sit and watch in muted silence as our society corrodes away like this.

I think it’s up to all us to be more responsible and take up cudgels against any kind of atrocities. To live a more fulfilling life ; hey I don’t mean to start a Green Peace or anything nor do I plan to incite a revolution ; but it’s just my way of venting out my frustrations ( ya well what a way to vent ones frustrations ; on a blog that god forbid only I will read ) . But well who cares ? Well I ‘ve read all my blogs and it ‘s really interesting and I ‘am a big fan of myself . C’mon guys gimme a break ; I need the praise ; I cannot even get anyone to put in a comment in my blog hehhehe.

Anyways I just loved Rang De Basanti . There were moments when a tear or two dropped down my eyes . And it did fire up a few thoughts in my rusty old brain too . That’s why I decided to name the blog so . Coz I definitely feel that we belong to one of the greatest countries of the whole world and what a great time to be alive too . The economy’s booming ; India’s set to be a global superpower . So it’s just all about ironing out those minor deficiencies that we have. And god willing we can do it and we have done it before . So lets hold our hand (well I prefer chicks on my either sides ) and march ahead .

No comments: