Monday, February 20, 2006

Pyara Pyara Cochin Town


It was late at night and I had just come home from work. Well not my bed time yet ; it’s just 1 :00 AM ; not kidding but as far as sleep is concerned I am a zombie. Oops almost lost track .Ya I was thinking of putting up something on my blog and I found myself out of any wacky ideas. So I thought why not pen down something about my lovely city Kochi

I’ve been living in Kochi for almost 23 years now and this city has always drawn me into it’s folds . Well who wouldn’t be . I just love it so much and I really realized it when I was in Bangalore for 6 whole months . I still remember; on my first day in Dell my Team Lead asked me what I missed the most ;coming to Bangalore . I never had to ponder for too long; I really missed so many things; for instance the Marine Drive and the Chinese nets and the Chinese bridge.

On so many occasions I still remember looking out of overcrowded BMTC buses hoping against hope to catch a glimpse of a Marine Day or back water that never existed. Coming from Kochi and for that matter from Kerala the cleanliness or the lack of it of Bangalore kinda took me off guard . I still remember the hell holes like Kakdaspura ,Ramamurthy Nagar and my own Ramesh Nagar . I still remember the look on my mom’s face the very first time I took her to my house in Ramesh Nagar ; hehehehhe

Just last week I was hanging out with my friends in Fort Kochi and it was so awesome ( oh here we go again ; u know there’s this thing about me and the word AWESOME ; I kinda get over excited at times and when I am I need at least a bakers dozen of the word AWESOME”S to complete it ; well my friends Shanim and Benson would certainly back me up on this – wudn’t u guys ?)

Well anyways I felt so good coming back to Cochin and with Cochin already growing out of it ‘s way to promote IT and everything the future too looks really promising . The city already house big time MNC’s like ACS(a proud ACSian myself) and OPI . With Indian biggies Wipro and TCS setting up base all of us can rest assured settle down on home turf .

Well anyways my love with cochin would not end with anytime soon.

No comments: