Thursday, February 02, 2006

180 nights in a call center

After completing 6 long months with Dell Inc I finally bid adieu with a longing heart . It was infact a potpouri of feelings.Partly happy about settling back home and still partly sad about leaving a the place where it all started .

From that moment on I had always wanted to pen down something about my days in Dell . And after reading Chetan Baghats "1 night at a call center" ; i just couldn't hold back anymore .

Well it was indeed a rollercoaster ride were I went through all kinds of emotions .How could i forget the dizzy night shifts , raging angry customers , crazy issues and the likes .But there were certain experinces I would never ever forget in my whole life . I still remember a blind customer that I had -- Kristy and how I virtually cried on my call not being able to help her . Sometimes you feel awful ; for the 30-40 minutes that you are on a call you tend to connect with them so much .You tend to be a part of their lives. The wifes rants on about their husbands; mothers whines and brags about their kids and don't even get me started on the males.

Some of em even look upto you as heroes . Coz for them you are the knight in the shining armour who came from nowhere to save their valuable photos ; or set their net connection right so that they can mail their grandson or watch a newborn's photo.

Well like in any story there are morons who screw up your entire day ; people who swear and blow their lid off right from the start but one happy ecstatic customer makes your day .

Well all those memories seems to overwhelm me now . But well gotta move on I guess coz bygones are bygones and in the words of Robert Frost

'The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one.